If you are thinking of nominating someone for CAR SOS the following instructions will help your application greatly:
- Do NOT nominate your own car, or get someone to nominate it for you (WE WILL FIND OUT!).
- Tell us as much info about the car as possible. MAKE, MODEL, YEAR, current condition and history of the car if you know it.
- Where possible, include a photo (or better still photos) of the car.
- Tell us why the owner really DESERVES the Car SOS treatment (not having the time or just generally being lovely are NOT sufficient reasons!).
- At all costs MAKE SURE THE OWNER DOESN’T KNOW!
- Provide a contact telephone number.
- If we have featured a particular model of car in a previous programme we are unlikely to feature it again (check the Car SOS wiki page).
- The owner has to have been the registered owner for at least four years (we do check!)
- The car has to be at least 20 years old